We’ve upgraded our HTML Validation servers to use the latest version of the W3C Validator Nu, 23.3.
This new version includes several updates in HTML checks, like:
- Report void elements that have a trailing slash in their start tags
- Skip template contents when checking for duplicate IDs (bug fix)
loadingattribute for the iframe element (lazy loading)
Allow more values for SVG
feBlendelement mode attribute
Allow non-JS MIME types for
- ARIA: Added many changes to align with current ARIA in HTML and ARIA specs
- Make the checker use HTTP 1.0 for all requests it sends, not HTTP 1.1
- Make the checker ignore error for malformed/missing HTTP closing chunk
This upgrade is available for all users, your reports will automatically pick up the latest version on the next run.