We’ve just upgraded our A11Y validation servers to the latest version of axe-core, 3.3.0, which includes 7 new Accessibility rules, so you may want to re-check your sites to get the most up-to-date results.
A11Y validator 3.3.0
Our A11Y validation servers now use the latest version of axe-core, 3.3.0, which adds 7 new accessibility rules.
- ARIA input fields have an accessible name.
- ARIA toggle fields have an accessible name.
- Elements containing role=’img’ have an alternative text.
- Ensure that scrollable region has keyboard access.
- Inline text spacing must be adjustable with custom stylesheets.
- Input buttons must have discernible text.
- Landmarks must have a unique role or role/label/title (i.e. accessible name) combination.
With these 7 new rules, Rocket Validator now checks 85 A11Y rules on your sites.
This release also includes a lot of performance increases and bugfixes, so it’s a good idea to re-check all your sites to get the latest results.
See the changelog for axe-core 3.3.0
Current accessibility ruleset
Check out the full list of accessibility rules that are being checked currently by our web crawlerAccessibility rules checked by Rocket Validator