We've upgraded our Accessibility validation servers to the latest version of axe-core, 4.7, which improves many accessibility rules and fixes some bugs from previous versions.
Version 4.7 of Axe Core adds support for some features that have been added to browsers in the last year. No new rules were added, and it does not make axe-core stricter. The number of issues reported by this version may be lower than the ones reported in 4.6.
aria-roledescription rule has been deprecated, and the impact of the
scrollable-region-focusable has been increased to serious.
- aria-roledescription: deprecate rule.
- aria-roles: deprecate the ARIA directory role.
- aria-input-field-name: skip combobox popups
- allow separator in menu(bar)
do not fail for children with
- list elements that are not allowed
- autocomplete-valid: allow webauthn token
- correcly apply opacity to foreground color
- correctly calculate contrast of flex/grid items with z-index
- correctly compute background color for elements with opacity
- correctly compute color contrast of elements
- do not check contrast on elemets that are inerted
- skip ligature icons
- create-grid: correctly compute stack order for non-positioned stacking contexts
css-orientation-lock: support the css
focus-order-semantics: Add ARIA role
articleto list of valid roles for scrollable regions
- is-icon-ligature: prevent canvas2d warning willReadFrequently
- link-in-text-block: allow links with identical colors
respondable: work with CDP
- change impact to serious
- skip native controls
Check out the 4.7 release notes.
Current accessibility ruleset
Check out the full list of accessibility rules that are being checked currently by our web crawlerAccessibility rules checked by Rocket Validator