We've upgraded our Accessibility validation servers to the latest version of axe-core, 4.6, which improves many accessibility rules and fixes some bugs from previous versions.
This release adds requirements introduced in WAI-ARIA 1.2, which can result in new issues. The color contrast rule has been improved which should reduce the number of incomplete results.
- aria-required-attr: require aria-controls on combobox and aria-valuenow on focusable separator
- list, listitem: do not allow group as allowed parent or child
- required-attr: require aria-checked for checkbox-like and radio-like roles
- aria-allowed-role: allow combobox on button, checkbox and combobox on input[type=button]
- aria-required-children: allow menu as child of menu
- color-contrast: consider -webkit-text-stroke & -webkit-text-fill-color
- color-contrast: correctly calculate background color of text nodes with different size than their container
- get-role: handle presentation role inheritance for vnodes with no parent
- html-lang-valid: only run rule when attribute has value
- metadata: Map aria-required-children to ACT rule
Check out the 4.6 release notes.
Current accessibility ruleset
Check out the full list of accessibility rules that are being checked currently by our web crawlerAccessibility rules checked by Rocket Validator